July 22, 2009
Sogod Cebu Philippines, will celebrate its 2nd Panagsogod Festival 2009 this coming July 25, 2009. The word "Sogod" got its name from local visayan term "Sinugdanan", it was inspired by Sogod’s little known history of being the borderline of black and White sand beaches in Northern Cebu. The Panagsogod Festival’s is honored to the patron saint of Sogodanon, St. James the Apostle.
The Local Cebu Government especially Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia the Cebu Provincial Governor, Mayor Lissa Marie “Moonyen” Durano of Sogod was very supportive to the Festival Events.
Photo from Rey Abao-Dacalos
Here are some activities of Panagsogod Festival 2009.
1. Panaghugpong Alang Sa Makanunayong Paglambo
2. Kapamilya Winner Ka!
3. Panaghimamak-Farmer's Day!
4. Serbisyo Sa Katawhan
5. Lumba Ta "Pre-Fisherman's Day!
6. Tabo-Tabo to the Max.
7. LGU-ABC nite, Halad Sa Gugma.
8. Sogod's Businessmen's Nite.
9. Sogod Secondary Division and JDMS Nite.
10. Little Miss Sogod 2009.
11. Sogod Parish Pastoral and Señor Citizens Nite.
12. DEP-ED Nite.
13. The Isuzu Roadshow
14. SMB Nite: Sogod Music Bang
15. Fiesta Sa Sogod
16. Sogod Jam
18. Paglantaw Sa Gugma
19. Street Dancing Competition.
You are all invited to come, join and celebrate the "SINUGDANAN" Panagsogod Festival 2009 of Sogod Cebu. Street dancing and other fiesta events, is one of the big highlights you will be catch on during the celebration.. Viva!! Panagsogod!!